We have put together a step by step tutorial and a video showing you how to do this. Video Tutorial: Updating WordPress
That depends on you. Traffic = Leads, and in order to get traffic to your site you are going to have to market it. We are building you a tool (website) to use and just like any real estate tool: business cards, signs, post cards, flyers, facebook page, twitter account, youtube channel, etc. If you do not use it, then it won’t bring you anything. With that said, we build our websites with the main SEO (Meta Title/Description on home page, alt tags, title tags wherever possible, call to actions in strategic places, Google Analytics and your sitemaps submitted to the Google Search Console. You are set up for success from the start but you will certainly want to look into Google Adwords, Facebook Ads or Blogging for SEO if you want to get traffic to your site.
YES, YES, YES! We LOVE it when you suggest blog topics! YOU are after all the expert on your local area!If you want to submit a topic for your Monthly SEO Blogging subscription, simply send your topics to firstname.lastname@example.org with your ideas. *We reserve the right to reject topics that we can not research or that may hurt your SEO.
Things to keep in mind when suggesting topics:
- You give us the topic – we will write the title! Blog posts that get the most clicks, shares, likes, etc (and that is the name of the game) are ones with appealing titles that offer some value to the viewer, answer a need or a question, entertain them, appeal to their emotions. Examples of these things might be – Real estate or local Tips, Upcoming Events, Things to do, Local hot spots (restaurants, coffee shops, utilities, things to do, craft breweries, etc), Lists, Steps to accomplishing something or Tips to do something. We are really great at taking a topic you give us and using it to write a blog post that will get the most SEO Juice – so don’t worry about the Title, just think of some topics that would be valuable and targeted to your specific niche or area! **Common things like Staging tips, Steps to Buying or Selling, Mortgages and the typical real estate related hot spots are Topics we will cover by default so don’t submit those. Be unique and tell us things that only a local in your area might know!
- Ask yourself – Would I share a blog written about [Fill in the Blanks]? Sharing is a big signal to google that your site is valuable. Therefor it makes sense to Blog about things that will inspire people to share it!
- Be careful how technical you get – people are in a hurry. Things like Market Reports and really in depth technical stats or similar things will hurt your SEO because these blog topics can be very boring and long and cause the visitor to bounce away. According to the Nielsen Norman Group, most users stick around a little less than a minute. So, if you don’t capture their attention in less than a minute, you’ve lost them AND hurt your SEO. Avoid these topics unless they answer the clients need.
- Hot Spots, What’s Trending Contribute to a Cause. Creating a blog post about something that is trending in your area RIGHT NOW is a huge value & will get more clicks, likes & shares! These can be general or hyper local. For Example in the first quarter of 2017 Fidget Spinners were a HUGE fad and kids were begging their parents to buy them one. At the end of 2017 the fad is nearly over so the value is gone. This would have been a great topic to write about during that phase! Things like 10 Best Fidget Spinners for ADHD, 7 Things you should know before you buy your child a Fidget Spinner, Top 5 Dangers of Fidget Spinners, etc would get many hits and clicks. A hyper local example might be something that is trending right now and is local to your area or state. In August of 2017 Hurricane Harvey devastated southern Texas. There are tons of people that you can help by providing them with resources. Examples might be: 5 Shelters that are accepting Hurricane Harvey Victims, 5 Safe Charities you can donate to for Hurricane Harvey Relief efforts. Food Banks in Houston that you can go to for Hurricane Harvey Aid. 6 Aid Organizations offering Hurricane Harvey Victims aid after the storm. Topics like these will allow you to contribute to your local community in a valuable way and serve as a valuable blog topic in turn. These are time sensitive so be sure to submit them when you think of them or the real value will be lost.
- Events & Local Information. Dig into your community! Posts about upcoming events tend to get tons of shares! Your local chamber of commerce usually has a list of events broken up by category on their website. Fun things to this summer in [INSERT YOUR CITY], Art in the Park is coming up this [Insert Date], 5 Bands in [Your city] you wont want to miss this Fall! Give us the dates when you submit these so we can be sure to schedule them in a timely fashion!
- Local Resources, Service Providers & Things to do. What are some of the things that are hot in your area? Is there a new craft brewery? Is your area known for the best beaches? Are Personal Chef’s in demand? Landscapers? Provide us with some resources or names of service providers and we will write a blog post about it!
- What about Topics I want to avoid? No Problem send us an email to email@example.com with any topics you don’t want us to post about and we will make sure these are avoided!
Absolutely! To see your upcoming blog posts you can log into your website approximately 3 days (give or take a day depending on if it falls on the weekend or a holiday) after your monthly subscription renews. Your new posts can be found under Dashboard > Posts and aare scheduled for specific days and times designed to get you the most exposure.. If you do want to review them before they are published then we encourage you to do this ASAP because if you have any changes you will need to give us time to adjust the post so that it does not lose its SEO value.
We HIGHLY discourage you from changing anything on the posts yourself as these posts are structured around Google’s algorithm so that they get indexed quickly and they include important signals to help your site rise in the search engines for your important keywords. Changing the title, content, meta tags, or other attributes, or changing the content of the post, can negatively affect the work we are doing for you. Please understand that each post is carefully designed with Google’s content guidelines in mind, and violating those guidelines can result in a Google penalty. We do our best to make sure the information is accurate and written to get you the maximum SEO juice for your site..
See also: Blog Topics – Send us your Blog Topic Ideas!
Occasionally you may find something in a post that is inaccurate. This is SUPER rare, however if it does happen OR if you want to suggest a change all you have to do is email us at SEO@yoursiteneedsme.com and we will be notified so we can fix it quickly. Include the link to the post and specific details about what is wrong.
Yes! IDXBroker has a handy dandy plugin called IMPress that seamlessly connects your account to your site. We then set up wrappers which make all of your pages mimic your site.
That depends on which hosting package you purchase. Our Definition of “maintenance” is keeping your WordPress Plugins updated, backing up your site regularly and monitoring and protecting your site from malware and viruses. So if you choose the $39/month option you are only purchasing the WordPress Hosting and you will need to update your site regularly yourself. The $49/month option includes the hosting AND updates and the best option we offer is $69/month which includes the hosting, security, updates & backups. Click the Links to learn more about each.
IF by ‘Maintenance’ you mean adding or changing things on your site (Ex. Add a new page, change an agent photo, etc) then you have 2 options.
- I include helpful video tutorials built into your site showing you how to add a new page, change the menu, add a photo, add a video, a link and much more. You can watch the videos to learn how to use your site and we are also available by scheduling a time through https://go.oncehub.com/ysnm to train you one on one on anything you want to learn with regards to your WordPress site and your IDXBroker account. This is free as a YSNM client and IDXBroker Developer partner!
- Let us know what changes you want and we can do them for you! All Changes are billed by the minute at $85/hourly** rate and are done typically within 5-7 business days.
** $125/hour for non IDXBroker partners
YES! The demo sites are completely for demonstration purposes only! We absolutely want you to love your site! The setup price includes making it your own by adding your logo, contact information, Color scheme, Personal Photo, Home Page Background photo, ‘About’ page, up to 6 City pages (these pages open up an IDXBroker Saved Search page that shows all of the properties in the cooresponding city) and up to 10 Testimonials. Broker/Company sites also include some other special pages. You can see our many examples of sites we have done on the IDXBroker Special page.
Special Customization’s above and beyond what you see ARE available but at an hourly fee. If you want any other customization’s added to the site, you can submit them separately AFTER the site is completed. All special customization’s outside the normal setup are billed at $85/hour** and we bill by the minute. So if you wanted us to make a new page for you and it took us 21 minutes to build the page then you would only get billed for 21 minutes!
** $125/hour for non IDXBroker partners
Awesome! We love new IDXBroker clients! Our IDXBroker Developer Partners get extra special services from us!
All you have to do is send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and ask them to please add your account to Developer YourSiteNeedsMe. If at any time you decide you do not want to be our partner anymore you only have to send them an email asking to remove us!
You can read all about our IDXBroker Setup, Customization, Custom CSS & Support services here. Best of all, it costs you NOTHING and you reap all of the benefits!
Awesome! Then you already have a head start!
IF you have a website already then we offer free installation to our IDXBroker Developer Partners (see more on that below)
IF you do NOT have a website then you can sign up for our IDXBroker Special $399 Deal! The $399 deal includes the free IDXBroker Setup on your new website!
Our IDXBroker Developer Partners get extra special services from us! You can read all about our IDXBroker Setup, Customization, Custom CSS & Support services here. Best of all, it costs you NOTHING and you reap all of the benefits! All you have to do is send an email to email@example.com and ask them to please add your account to Developer YourSiteNeedsMe. If at any time you decide you do not want to be our partner anymore you only have to send them an email asking to remove us!
Building a website is much like building a home. When you are getting ready to build a home there are several things you need.
- An Address: Your home’s address (234 Anystreet) is just like your Domain name (www.YourCoolDomain.com). If you don’t have a domain name then head on over to my Godaddy Reseller account. I purchased this package with Godaddy so I could provide my clients with a place to buy domains cheap!
- A House: Your house is just like your Website. It can be a Single Story Ranch, a Beautiful Colonial or it could be a Luxury Mansion. Your website is the same. Depending on what changes you make to the WordPress themes we offer and how many customizations you add to your package, you can have anything you want!
- A Builder: I always tell my clients to leave this to the professionals unless you have hundreds of hours to learn about building websites, plugins, SEO, content etc. People come to YOU for a service because you are good at it. And 99% of the ones that try the DIY method are bound to run into many snags and delays. That’s why it’s important to hire someone who knows what they are doing! Like us!
- Land: Every home needs a piece of land to sit on. Your websites ‘land’ is called Hosting. It’s your “SPACE” on the internet. And just like the care you would take in choosing where to buy a piece of property to build your forever home, you should pay attention to where you are hosting your site. Learn about the differences of the cheap hosting sites like Godaddy and our Hosting packages here.
YES! In fact, we love helping you learn how to use your site! We want you to be successful with your site and knowing how to use it and being involved with it is KEY. We promise to do everything in our power to make sure you have all of the tools you need to learn how to use & navigate your site.
In addition to one-on-one training, we also install a Video Tutorials Section that includes tutorials on how to use your new WordPress website, how to post a blog, how to use the editor, embed links & much more! In addition there is a whole section of videos on SEO & finally a section of YSNM tutorial videos. YSNM tutorials will include help on using IDXBroker to Easy Blog Posting Tips. And if there is something special you want help with and we DON’T already have a video for it, we will make you one. You just have to ask.
Excellent! Go here (https://yoursiteneedsme.com/special-idxbroker-website-package/) and scroll to the very bottom of the page and choose which package you want. Once you purchase the package then you will automatically be directed to the Honey Do List. The Honey Do list includes some basic information we need from you in order to get started. If you HAVE NOT purchased your IDXBroker account yet, then once you complete the Honey Do list you will be directed to the IDXBroker signup page. If you HAVE purchased it you can skip this. Once all of this is done we will send you an email invitation to Teamwork where you will be able to follow the progress of your site and provide us with the remaining information we need to build your site.
Not at all! In fact, the majority of our clients aren’t. We know that you need a website and being online today is important. So we make it as easy as possible for you to do just that. We will make the Design Process as easy as possible and we are there for you patiently holding your hand every step of the way.
After the site is complete, we are happy to show you how to use the site if you like and continue to help you for as long as you own it! If you don’t want to do anything on it at all, then we are happy to make all needed changes in the future. All you have to do is send us a message through our Teamwork Portal or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. And for those of you who don’t want to maintain the Security, Updates or Backups we offer an awesome WordPress Maintenance package.
Yes we do! We are happy to provide you with a WordPress Security, Updates and Backups package to take care of the basic needs of your site. And if you need help learning how to do something yourself you need only to request it and we will provide you with a personal video tutorial that you can watch over and over at your convenience or we can schedule some phone time to personally walk you through the site.
For those of you who want someone else to make any needed future changes, we do these at a discounted price of $85/hr** for all IDXBroker or Hosting clients. We can also provide you with custom written blog posts just for you, community content & SEO services. Check out all of our WordPress Website Services to see all of the things we can do for you!
** $125/hour for non IDXBroker partners
Typically the average site takes 2-4 weeks to build and make live. We love to have them up sooner but there are many factors that are involved. For instance, once you sign up we will send you an invitation to our Teamwork Portal where you can see the progress being made on your site, send us messages, upload files, and provide us with the details we need to build your site. One thing that always causes delays is not providing us with all of the things we need when building your site. So be sure to watch the Teamwork Introduction Video that you will receive when we send you your invitation email. That will show you how to navigate Teamwork and send us the important details we need.
Other delays can be caused by Review times and Customization Requests. We try to be as diligent as we can in making your change requests as soon as they come in but if it takes you a week to get us some information or photos that we need to build a special page, then it may be up to 3 days before we can address it. So remember – time is of the essence when we request information. The faster you get it back to us, the faster we will have what we need to get your site launched!
Yes & No. SEO is a huge undertaking and fully optimizing your site would mean doing keyword research, writing compelling original content, creating landing pages and much more. We have created our $399 WordPress Website package to be efficient and therefore have a set amount of time that we can work into it for it to remain affordable. What we DO do is add keywords, alt tags & title tags to the menus and main site Metas as well as in any original content. We also connect your site to Google Analytics, submit your sitemap to Google Webmaster Tools, set up Weekly Analytic Reports and add in Yoast SEO along with video tutorials to show you how to use it.
IDX is the ability to feed your local MLS into your website so that your clients can search all active properties. The biggest benefit is that you can promote ALL Active Listings on your website, not just your Featured Listings.
Sign up for IDXBroker Platinum with NO setup fees and FREE installation through us! If you already have IDXBroker, then email email@example.com and tell them you want YourSiteNeedsMe to be your developer and we will do a FREE Premium Setup on your WordPress site for you including all kinds of SEO goodies!
The website: $399 IF you choose to host with us. $699 if you host elsewhere. Extra customizations above and beyond what is included are charged at $85/hr** and billed upon completion.
Hosting: $39/month with us. Safer, Faster & More Secure. Fees for other hosting sites vary.
IDXBroker: Starting out at $70/month for a single agent account and goes up from there for teams and brokerages. *Please note your MLS may add on additional fees and neither YSNM nor IDXBroker have any control over that.
** $125/hour for non IDXBroker partners